INDIANA SMALL AND RURAL SCHOOLS ASSOCIATION
The Indiana Small and Rural Schools Association is not designed to take the place of other professional organizations and associations for our members, we are DESIGNED TO BE A VOICE FOR THE SMALL AND RURAL SCHOOLS on state and federal issues.
BENEFITS PROVIDED TO OUR MEMBERS:
- REPRESENTATION AT THE INDIANA GENERAL ASSEMBLY
We are a voice when speaking specifically from a small and rural perspective..
Members receive regular notes and reports on state legislative issues from a small and rural school perspective. Members receive regular alerts on topics of importance on which to contact lawmakers.
- ANNUAL LEGISLATIVE LUNCHEON
The ISRSA organizes an annual Small and Rural Schools Legislative Luncheon for our members to speak about the specific state issues of our organization with members and elected officials
- REPRESENTATION IN WASHINGTON, DC ON FEDERAL ISSUES
The ISRSA is a member of the National Rural Education Advocacy Coalition (NREAC), a group of 23 states who use lobbyist staff of the American Association of School Administrators (AASA) to monitor federal legislation and lobby for small and rural school issues in our nation’s capitol. This group helps to set the Legislative Agenda for small and rural schools issues for the nation.
This group also conduct regular polls and surveys of our members on national perspectives to gain YOUR INPUT.
- MEMBERSHIP IN THE NATIONAL RURAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
Each ISRSA district membership includes an Individual Membership for a designated district person in the National Rural Education Association. The NREA provides many benefits and services of their own, including:
- a weekly national update email on rural issues,
- a national conference
- representation on national committees and national testimony on rural issues
- a national rural teacher of the year program
- access and awards for rural research
- …..and more.
- ANNUAL ISRSA CONFERENCE
Join your fellow Indiana colleagues for a conversation and presentations on issues important to our Indiana small and rural schools
- PROGRAMS AND AWARDS
- Indiana Rural Teacher of the Year Award – Annual award to one of our member-district teachers
- National Rural Education Association Foundation Essay Contest
- Rural Electric Cooperatives Association K-12 Teacher Mini-Grants
- Research and Dissertation in Rural Education Awards