The goal of the Indiana Small and Rural Schools Association is to improve learning opportunities and educational equity for students in small-town and rural schools in Indiana. In order to accomplish this goal, the Association holds the following objectives:
1. To help member schools and districts identify and meet their educational goals.
2. To improve communication among small-town and rural schools, the Indiana Department of Education, Institutions of Higher Education, Education Service Centers, the public, and other agencies.
3. To coordinate programs and activities and to provide for the sharing of services, resources, and information among the members of the Association.
4. To provide a unified voice to all citizenry, local boards of education, elected public officials, and legislative bodies that have impact on Indiana’s small-town and rural schools.
5. To encourage development of stronger preservice and inservice training of teachers and administrators in small-town and rural schools.